We were blessed to welcome Christopher Faddis, nationally known Catholic speaker, author, entrepreneur, and the founder of Solidarity HealthShare, a medical cost sharing movement that seeks to restore and rebuild an authentic Catholic health care system that will, in every way, respect and promote the Church’s teachings and traditions with regard to love, responsibility and the sanctity of all human life. He’s also the founder of Bene Plates, a food revolution for the terminally or chronically ill.
In 2012, our brother Chris lost his first wife Angela to colon cancer. And, after losing his wife, he was moved to share their story in his memoir, It is Well: Life in the Storm. The inspiring book details his wife’s battle with cancer and what it means to respond to human suffering with faith.
Chris is the Chief Marketing Officer of Solidarity Healthshare and lives in Phoenix, AZ with his wife Jennifer and four beautiful children.
During our recent conversation on his backyard patio, Chris and I explored:
- Chris’ earliest memories of the faith, including his experiences with a non-denominational church and the witness of his grandmother
- His experience with his “reversion” to the Church as a teenager
- How a trip to Rome with his youth group led to an awakening in his faith through his meeting Saint Pope John Paul II
- The influence of Catholic men in his ministry
- The powerful combination of prayers that he calls his “Rescue Prayer”: the Memorare, the prayer to St. Michael the Archangel, and the Hail Mary
- How Chris carries the rosary with him as often as possible and the blessings that come with carrying such a weapon
- The importance of Chris’ relationship with the Blessed Mother
- The battle Chris and Angela, his late wife fought during his wife’s fight with cancer
- How Chris commits to burning the words of the saints to our hearts and how important it is to know the saints
- Chris’s intentional strategies for defending his family from the enemy
- The critical role that husbands and fathers have in getting their families to Mass
Order Chris Faddis’ book, It is Well – Life in the Storm on Amazon.
St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do thou of Prince of the heavenly hosts, by the divine power of God, cast into hell Satan and all evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.