We were blessed to welcome Steve Greene, Director of Kino Catechetical Institute for the Diocese of Phoenix, and co-host of The Catholic Conversation heard weekly on Relevant Radio in Phoenix, AZ. Steve graduated from Franciscan University of Steubenville with a degree in English Literature, and as a seminarian for the Diocese of Phoenix, earned a Master’s degree in Catholic Thought and Life from St. Meinrad School of Theology in Indiana. He was on the founding faculty of Notre Dame Preparatory in Scottsdale, AZ as a theology teacher. Steve has experience teaching Theology and Catholic Studies for the University of Mary as well as Philosophy and Ethics for Mesa Community College.
In addition to his classroom teaching, Steve has presented on Catholic theology, philosophy and morality for over 15 years in a variety of venues, and has been a recurring guest on The Bishop’s Hour radio show, and Catholics Matter television show in the Diocese of Phoenix. Most importantly he is a husband, and father of five wonderful children, with one little intercessor in heaven.
During our conversation, Steve shared his battle rations as we touched on:
- Steve being selected to record Bishop Olmstead’s Into the Breach
- A quick glimpse into the Catholic weekly radio show that he and his wife host
- The power of the intellectual tradition of the Church
- The need for Catholic men to truly understand the Catholic faith
- Steve’s strategies for battling temptation including his devotion to the Blessed Mother
- The beauty of the Memorare and the Suscipe (St. Ignatius of Loyola)
- How “intentionality” is critical to a man’s battle
- The blessings of the crucifix, the rosary, and holy water, and religious icons, and the Miraculous Medal
- Steve’s challenge for men to embrace catechetical formation to be an effective Catholic and evangelizer
- Satan’s relentless pursuit and his goal to destroy
- Defending his family by praying out loud with his wife, learning his faith, and witnessing in the home
- How Steve locks shields with his band of brothers
St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do thou of Prince of the heavenly hosts, by the divine power of God, cast into hell Satan and all evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.