We were blessed to welcome Hector Molina, a professional lay Catholic evangelist and CEO of Casting Nets Ministries, Inc. a non-profit lay apostolate committed to conducting dynamic and highly effective missions, retreats, and evangelization trainings for parishes, schools, and dioceses while also developing resources aimed at leading souls to Christ and forming the laity for missionary discipleship. Hector specializes in the areas of evangelization and apologetics and he’s keynoted over one hundred conferences, scores of parish seminars, workshops, missions, and retreats throughout the U.S. and abroad.
My first experience with Hector? Sitting among 1500 Catholic men, being challenged by Hector to rise up and push forward into the breach at our last diocesan men’s conference. My most recent experience with Hector? On my friend Chris’ patio at about 9 p.m. on a Tuesday night, where my life was forever changed with the experiences and strategies of a fellow brother in battle.
During our conversation, Hector and I discussed:
- Hector’s earliest Catholic memories
- The impact of the spiritual awakening that his parents experienced and how their love and witness impacted Hector early in his faith journey
- How Hector’s early intentions as a young man to tailor his Catholic faith to his own desires was derailed with an invitation to experience the local youth group
- What Hector calls, his “awakening moment” that resulted in the invitation he offered Jesus Christ enter his life
- The importance of an authentic faith, especially for parents struggling with keeping children engaged in the Catholic faith
- How St. Monica’s (the mother of St. Augustine) example can provide hope for parents
- Hector’s strategies for battle, including the importance of relationship and prayer with our guardian angels, surrenduring one’s life to the Lord every day, imploring assistance, support, and mentorship of the saints including St. Anthony of Padua, St. Louis, King of France, St. Maximilian Kolbe, as well as good and holy priests and laymen
Enjoy part 1 of my conversation with Hector Molina, followed by part 2 which will be released on May 1st.
St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do thou of Prince of the heavenly hosts, by the divine power of God, cast into hell Satan and all evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.